Great fishing abounds in the Lake Almanor Basin. “Lake Almanor has some of the best German Brown and Trout Fishing in Northern California” according to Fishing Guide Doug Neal. Lake fishing also yields beautiful Bass and landlocked Salmon. Nearby Butt Lake is known for its Trout, Kokanee and Mackinaw according to The Fish Sniffer. Whether you are a lake or stream fisherman, you can find it all here!
There are many guide services available and can be found through the Lake Almanor Fishing Association.
Fishing boat rentals are available at area marinas for hourly, half and full day fishing excursions.
- Knotty Pine Marina 430 Peninsula Drive, Lake Almanor, CA, (530) 596-3348
- Plumas Pines Marina 3000 Almanor Drive West, Canyondam, CA, (530) 259-4343
- Big Cove Marina 442 Peninsula Drive, Lake Almanor, CA, (530) 596-3349
Bait and fishing equipment can be found in the town of Chester at:
- The Lake Almanor Fly Fishing Company 159 Main Street, Chester, CA (530) 258-3944
- The Sports Nut 208 Main Street, Chester, CA (530) 258-3327
- Ayoobs 201 Main Street, Chester, CA (530) 258-2611
- True Value Hardware 417 Main Street, Chester (530) 258-3955