Boating & Water Sports
Lake Almanor with its 53 miles of shoreline is one of the largest lakes and most popular attractions in Northern California, drawing visitors year-round. Summer lake surface temperatures of about 75 degrees make it ideal for water sports, including water-skiing, wake boarding,, kayaking, paddle boarding and wave running. There are several marinas that provide marine services and storage as well as gas. Boat, kayak, paddle board and watercraft rentals are available at several outlets.
Personal water craft float tubes and inner tubes are allowed on the lake.
Public Boat Launch Areas on Lake Almanor:
- Forest Service Ramp at the Canyon Dam Picnic Area at the Junction of Hwy. 147 and Hwy. 89, Picnic tables and fire pits, restrooms, 3 lane ramp, launch/load dock, no fee
- Forest Service Ramp on the West Shore 1 mi. off Hwy. 89 on Almanor Drive West, located in the U.S.F.S campground area, restrooms, public beach, launch/load dock, no fee
Private Boat Launches and Marinas:
- Knotty Pine Marina 430 Peninsula Drive, Lake Almanor, CA, (530) 596-3348
- Plumas Pines Marina 3000 Almanor Drive West, Canyondam, CA, (530) 259-4343
- Big Cove Marina 442 Peninsula Drive, Lake Almanor, CA, (530) 596-3349
- Majors Outpost 3000 Almanor Drive West, Canyondam, CA , 530-259-2727
- Wilson Water Sports 256-3866